Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: The Muppets

So, I took my son to see the Muppets movie last evening. Yes, I will admit that a part of me actually wanted to see the movie, although my son seemed quite enthusiastic about it, as well. I grew up on the Muppets, and remember Kermit and Miss Piggy and all of the rest of them from my younger days. So on many levels, it was nice to see them once again, and to be subtly reminded of some of the characters and traits that had long fallen to the deepest recesses of my mind.
The movie itself was actually pretty decent, designed to be entertaining for kids and adults alike. The lyrics were often quite humorous, with a Flight of the Conchords quality about them (and the stalker character from that show made an appearance in this move as a yoga instructor).
A good movie to go see, especially with a young and excited child, even if he spends much of the time fidgeting and hardly seeming to pay attention to the actual movie. One of the better kid's movies that I have seen in a while, and definitely fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment