Friday, May 11, 2012

Some moments with my son...

Just a quick note, but I had a few special moments with my son this past week, and I just wanted to preserve it, while he is still a young child.

On Monday, I took him out to eat at Friendly's. He had a decent appetite and ate heartily - apparently a little too heartily! After putting him to bed, I heard some wet noises coming from the direction of the bathroom. He had said he needed to throw up, but it seemed at the time like familiar delaying tactics that would stall his having to go to bed. Now, I knew better. he also did not quite make it to the bathroom, either, stopping only a few feet away, but still on the rug.

On Tuesday, it was the movie Avengers, something that I wrote a blog about just a couple of days or so ago. There were funny moments, and I enjoyed hearing his six year old laughter. A good memory, overall.

But yesterday, he and I spent some time together, and somehow or other, he wanted to learn how to whistle, and I managed to give him enough tips that he was successful! He had been lamenting that he was not able to do it, but finally managed it! I tickled him each time, which caused him to laugh, and also encouraged him, since he enjoys playing those types of games.

Later on, he wanted a piggy back ride, and so I gave him one, making sure to pause underneath a tree with some low lying branches, much to his amusement. He kept wanting more such rides, but Daddy felt surprisingly winded before too long.

All in all, a good and very memorable week full of memories made with my wonderful little son!

No comments:

Post a Comment