Saturday, September 22, 2012

Farm Aid 2012 Preview

So, I got tickets to see this year's Farm Aid. My only other time going to one of these came two years ago in Milwaukee, right on my birthday. But I long wanted to see these shows, and have another opporunity today to do so, and feel very grateful for it!

The standard acts, by which I mean the ones that, at least right now, you know you will see whenever you go to one of these concerts, are the Big Four - Dave Matthews, John Mellencamp, Neil Young, and the original guy that started this whole thing (and who I saw in concert earlier this year, and also wrote a review of on this blog), Willie Nelson. They will all be there today, as well.

Back then, two years ago, Jason Mraz, Nora Jones, Kenny Chesney and Jack Johnson were all there, and there was even a special guest appearance by Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. Chesney and Johnson will be there this year as well, to my understanding.

It was an awesome show two years ago. It was really great to see Steven Tyler there, because it had been many a year since I had actually seen him on stage (although he was probably already doing the America's Got Talent thing back then, right?). He always brings another dimension to music, and it was a pleasant surprise to see him there.

Jason Mraz was much more peppy and upbeat than I expected him to be, but I had not been extremely familiar with him prior to that show. He was good, as was Jack Johnson and Chesney. Nora Jones added a bit of class to the thing, as I remember it. And of course, the main four were exceptional. Everyone came out on stage at some point during Neil Young's set, which was really cool. His set had been just him and his electric guitar, but he pulled it off. Tyler came out during Willie Nelson's closing set. I have only fond memories from that show, and those times.

So, I am looking forward to this show here tonight, and to writing a review of it here on this blog.

Below is the link of the lineup to this year's show:

http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2723647/k.2B7B/The_Lineup.htm

A Concert review of the 2010 show:

http://www.concertlivewire.com/farmaid10.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment