Monday, October 15, 2012

Just Wanted to Mention...

After yesterday's entry about how cold it was on Saturday morning during my early morning hike, it warmed up nicely the rest of the day, and stayed warm. Yesterday was an Indian Summer day, with warm temperatures more reminiscent of the summertime.

I do not generally mind the cold weather, and in fact, often like it (at least until right around the holidays, during which time it adds a certain charm, I find).

However, I will admit that the warmer temperatures were very pleasant, and made for a nicer hike.

Also, I work on the weekends, many hours, so my freedom is not always there. Yet where I work, there is a  park, owned by the company, that is really quite pleasant. It is situated on a bluff that overlooks the hills to the west, and i have watched many a sunset from here. There is a wide expanse of lawn, and a pond with a fountain in the middle.

Guess who was reading for well over an hour, soaking in the beautiful weather, and then, on top of it, took his lunch break outside, and got even more reading time in?

Just don't tell me bosses what I get paid to do!

Update on Tuesday, the 16th

I wanted to mention, when I originally had the idea to write this addition, some of the things to be thankful for. You see, Sunday, the 14th, was a good day by many measures. I got a decent amount of rest, yet still managed to do some decent writing, editing, reading, and hiking. Also, I got to enjoy the outdoors quite a bit on a day truly graced with glorious, ideal weather, and in a beautiful setting. Work went well, and did everything that was required, and then some.

So, when there are reasons to be appreciative, it seems like a good idea to make mention of it, and stay positive.

The one complaint? I did not get to spend any time with Basia, and barely saw my son, Sebastien (but at least I got to see him for a few minutes).

Otherwise, it was about as productive a day as I've had in quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment