Friday, September 20, 2013

Sneak Preview of Four Songs and Several Lyrics from Pearl Jam's Upcoming Album, "Lightning Bolt"




If you are a big Pearl Jam fan, like me, then surely, you have been paying attention to the slow official release of individual songs from their upcoming album, Lightning Bolt, which will be their tenth studio album.

Of course, if you're hungry for a taste of what's to come, you begin using various search engines, trying to find scraps of what can be expected. In this blog entry, I am adding the scraps that I have encountered, which amounts to the two official releases, as well as the two video clips of two other songs from the upcoming album that were performed in their recent show at Chicago's Soldier Field, on July 19, 2013. Also, I included the lyrics that were available and, to the best of my knowledge, are fairly accurate. They were taken from http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.co.nz, and can be found below.

The band has slowly been releasing their stuff in anticipation the album's release.

First, came the video for "Mind Your Manners". Now, they have released the music video for the second single, "Sirens".

"Sirens" is a far more easy going song then the fast tempo, punkish "Mind Your Manners". "Sirens" is quite a bit slower, and offers introspective, personal lyrics. The video itself is of the band simply performing the song.

There are other videos available at Youtube, which claim "Leaked", but I did not go so far as to open those. If interested, you can do your own research on those.

But before that, here's a look at "Sirens":

Both the lyrics and video available at the following link:

http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.com/2013/08/Sirens-lyrics-lightningbolt-PearlJam.html#.UjvyjoZJNzY

Lyrics:

Hear the sirens, hear the sirens
Hear the sirens, hear the circus so profound
I hear the sirens more and more in this here town
Let me catch my breath to breathe then reach across the bend

Just to know we’re safe, I am a grateful man
This light is pit, alive and I can see you clear
Oh, I could take your hand, and feel your breath
For feel that someday will be over
I pull you close, so much to lose

Knowing that nothing lasts forever
I didn’t care, before you were here
A distant laughter, with the everafter
But all things change, let this remain

Hear the sirens covering distance in the night
The sound, echoing closer, will they come for me, next time?

For every choice, mistake I made, is not my plan
To see you in the arms of another man
And if you choose to stay, I’ll wait, I’ll understand

Oh,  it’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
When by the graces, by which we live our lives with death over our shoulders
Want you to know, that should I go, I always loved you, held you high above too
I studied your face, the fear goes away.

Guitar solo

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
When by the graves, by which we live our lives with death over our shoulders
Want you to know, that should I go, I always loved you, held you high above too

I studied your face, the fear goes away, the fear goes away, the fear goes away.



Of course, Pearl Jam's video from the first single, "Mind Your Manners",  from the new, upcoming album.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQYYavheUA


Pearl Jam's official video of the second single, "Sirens",  from the new, upcoming album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXP6TDtW0w


Pearl Jam's "Future Days", debut performance from the live show at Chicago's Soldier Field, July 19, 2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9N6pQFU4k

Pearl Jam's "Lightning Bolt", debut perfromance from the live show at Chicago's Soldier Field, July 19, 2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfcqbsEIn-g



The track listing for the upcoming "Lightning Bolt" album is as follows:

Getaway

Mind Your Manners

My Father's Son

Sirens

Lightning Bolt

Infallible

Pendulum

Swallowed Whole

Let the Records Play

Sleeping by Myself

Yellow Moon


Future Days

Here are the lyrics to the songs available at http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.co.nz

To the best of my knowledge, these lyrics are accurate, although we shall find out for sure when the album is released next month!







Getaway is from Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt album.

Lyrics

Everyone’s a critic looking back up the river
Every boat is leaking in this town
Everybody is thinking they can all be delivered sitting in a box like lost and found

But I found my place and it’s all right
We’re all searching for a better way
Get this off my plate
It’s all right, I got my own way to believe

Find a lighthouse in the dark stormy weather
We all could use a sedative right now
Holy rollers sitting with their backs to the middle all alone and sinking the bow

and if you want to have to pray, it’s all right
We all be thinking with our different brain get this off my plate
It’s all right, I got my own way to believe, it’s okay

Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith
Mine is mine and yours won’t take its place
Now, make your getaway
Science says we’re making love like the lizards
Try and say that fossils ain’t profound
Silence says we’re not allowed to consider
Silence says stand up sit down you’re out

But I found my place
and it’s all right, I’m bearing witness to some better things, get this off my plate
It’s all right, I’ve got my own way to believe
It’s okay, sometimes you find yourself being told to change your ways
There’s no way, mine is mine and yours won’t take its place, now make your getaway

It’s okay, sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith
Mine is mine and yours won’t take its place
Now make your getaway, it’s okay
Sometimes you find yourself being told to change your ways
For god’s sake, mine is mine and yours won’t take its place


Now, make your getaway














The first single from Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt album.

Lyrics

I've got an unfortunate feelin'
I've been beaten down
I feel I don't believe
And now the truth is coming out
What they've taken is more than a vow
They've taken your innocence
And then they throw them on a burning fire

All along they're sayin'
Mind your manners

I caught myself believin'
That I needed God
And if it's hard for some
We sure could use it now

Try my patience
My patience tried
This world's no longer good enough
That makes me wanna cry

All along they're sayin'
Mind your manners

Silence save him!

Self-realized and metaphysically redeemed
May not live another life
May not solve a mystery
Right around the corner
Could be bigger than ourselves
We could will it to the sky
Or we could something else

No longer sayin!
Mind your manners!
Always burning

Go to Heaven
That's swell
How do you like it
Living in Hell

Repeat outro lyrics three times.












My Father's Son - Lyrics not Yet Available













"Sirens"Lyrics: (Both the lyrics and video available at the following link): http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.com/2013/08/Sirens-lyrics-lightningbolt-PearlJam.html#.UjvyjoZJNzY

Lyrics:

Hear the sirens, hear the sirens
Hear the sirens, hear the circus so profound
I hear the sirens more and more in this here town
Let me catch my breath to breathe then reach across the bend

Just to know we’re safe, I am a grateful man
This light is pit, alive and I can see you clear
Oh, I could take your hand, and feel your breath
For feel that someday will be over
I pull you close, so much to lose

Knowing that nothing lasts forever
I didn’t care, before you were here
A distant laughter, with the everafter
But all things change, let this remain

Hear the sirens covering distance in the night
The sound, echoing closer, will they come for me, next time?

For every choice, mistake I made, is not my plan
To see you in the arms of another man
And if you choose to stay, I’ll wait, I’ll understand

Oh,  it’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
When by the graces, by which we live our lives with death over our shoulders
Want you to know, that should I go, I always loved you, held you high above too
I studied your face, the fear goes away.

Guitar solo

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
When by the graves, by which we live our lives with death over our shoulders
Want you to know, that should I go, I always loved you, held you high above too

I studied your face, the fear goes away, the fear goes away, the fear goes away.








"Lightning Bolt" lyrics (available from http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/lightning-bolt-song-lyrics-pj.html#.Ujv2t4ZJNzZ) with the following warning:

Debuted in concert by PJ before the release of the album, Lightning Bolt is the title track for Pearl Jam's 10th studio album.

Lyrics: VERY BAD TRANSCRIPT FROM THE LIVE DEBUT - if you have better ones, pls leave them in the comments. Cheers!

She comes down like a stone
But she don’t know where from she was thrown
Like a hurling meteor, from miles high
She’s looking for a place to land
She said “You got yourself some sand”
And whatever you’ve replied she took as ...yes
She comes after me
With her newly planted seeds
And soon you’re thrown down on your knees, and then you’re dead
Then before you know, The weeds are obesely overgrown
With All the wild seeds she sows in your sleep

You gotta know you’ll never let her go
She’s a lightning Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lightning Bolt

Always something, never nothing
Isn’t that the way we’re taught to dream…. to dream
Oh looking through the worn out pages and stages
When you knew not who to be…yeah! YEAH!!
Until the lightning strike SETS!! you free! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!

You gotta know you’ll never let her go
She’s a lightning Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lightning Bolt

Crashing stormy waves erode her shoreline everyday
Until the castle of her ways turns to sand
Then before you know, The weeds are obesely overgrown
With all the wild seeds she’s sows in your sleep

And with no repair in sight there is
No God with such might
As you open her world wide with such a view.
And your efforts to arrive
As she finally decides
That all her problems, they will die with you
She’s a lightning bolt


Never let her go


"Infallible"  - Lyrics Not Yet Available




"Pendulum"  - Lyrics Not Yet Available







In addition, here are the lyrics to "Swallowed Whole", although the song has not yet been released (available at: http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/Swallowed-Whole-lyrics-Pearl-Jam.html#.UjvzgIZJNzZ:

Lyrics

I can feel the dawn, I can feel the earth
I can feel the living all around
I can choose a path, I can choose a word
I can start the healing, Bring it now

Whispered songs inside the wind
Breathing in forgiveness
Like vibrations with no end
Feel the planet humming
What is clear far from the noise, gets swallowed whole

I can feel the sun, I can see the sound
I can set myself right hear and drown
I can feel the rush, I could clear the clouds
I could set the needles spinning love
I can hear the crash, I can feel the pound
I can feel the current pulling down

Whispered songs inside the wind
Breathing in forgiveness
Like vibrations with no end
Feel the planet humming
What is clear far from the noise, gets swallowed whole

With no quiet to be found
spirit lifted off the ground
and what lies beyond the grave
might be welcomed change
And will come, come what may
with no rest in peace
Until that day

I could choose a path, I could choose the word
I could start the healing, bring it now
I could be the sun, I could be the sound
I could set myself right here and drown

Whispered songs inside the wind
Breathing in forgiveness
And the chapter I’ve not read

Turn the page





Some very loose lyrics from the leaked version of the song. The full version will be here when LTRP is officially released by PJ.

Lyrics

when the kingdom comes he puts the records on and with his blistered thumb hits play
and with the volume up he goes and fills his cup and lets the drummer drum
 take away the pain, the pain

breaking
forsaken
what’s that you’re taken?
Bleeding the feeling, he lets the records play

??? future dim
The cigarette light’s in
the vaporizer green light grim
and when the shot glass talks he goes to listens up
until he’s nice and numb again, again

shaken
the breaking
not one for faking
the reeling (???) is healing
he lets the records play
there’s wisdom in his ways

I’ve been down and I fell so hard and far from grace
I’ve been hurt and I still recall the flaws on her face
I’ve been off but ???? my feet
my feet again

shaken
foresaken
what’s that you’re taking
the weeding
the feeling
he lets the records play

shaken
but breaking
not one for faking
the reeling is healing
he lets the records play

there’s wisdom in his ways






Sleeping By Myself is a track from PJ's album Lightning Bolt however it was originally recorded by Eddie Vedder for his solo album, Ukulele Songs.

Lyrics

I should have know there was someone else

Now I'm alone I always kept it to myself

Now I believe in nothing

Not today as I move myself out of your sight

Oh I'll be sleeping by myself tonight

I could never go to noone else

The hurt don't show but who knows, time will tell

Now I believe in nothing but the pain

That I can't see this turning out right

Oh I'll be sleeping by myself tonight

Forever be sad and lonely

Forever never be the same

Oh I close my eyes and wait for a sign

Am I just waiting in vain?

Oh I'll be leaving love and disaster

Sometimes the two are just the same

I'm beginning to see

What's left of me is gonna have to be free to survive

I'll be sleeping by myself

I'll be sleeping by myself

I'll be sleeping by myself tonight







Yellow Moon - Lyrics not Yet Available









Future Days Lyrics (like with Lightning Bolt, comes with the warning that these lyrics are roughly taken from their live performance of the song during the Chicago concert at Soldier Field on July 19, 2013- http://pearljamlightningboltlyrics.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/future-days-lyrics-by-pearl-jam.html#.Ujv39IZJNzZ


Future Day's was debuted in concert by Pearl Jam prior to the release of Lightning Bolt.

It was written by Eddie Vedder.

Future Days lyrics by Pearl Jam (rough as guts version, please leave corrections in the comments!)


If I ever were to lose you
I'd surely lose myself
Everything I have dear
I’ve not found by myself

Try and sometimes you'll succeed to make this man of me
All my stolen missing parts I’ve no need for anymore

I believe and I believe ‘cause I can see
Our future days, days of you and me



Back when I was feeling broken
I focused on a prayer, you came deep from the ocean


All the complexities and games, no one wins but somehow they're still played
all the missing crooked hearts we may die but they still live on

I believe and I believe ‘cause I can see
Our future days, days of you and me

The hurricanes and cyclones rage
The winds (?) into dust
The floods they came and the tides they raised, ever closer became us

All the promises at sundown, I met them like the rest
Demons dancing used to come round before now they've left

Do persistent in my ways, Angel i am here to stay

I believe and I believe ‘cause I can see
Our future days, days of you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment