Saturday, December 7, 2013

5 Things You Might Not Have Known About Pearl Harbor

I wanted to do a little something to honor the big event that transpired on this day, way back in 1941 - the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Unfortunately, I did not feel particularly well today, and slept in surprisingly late. Then, I was feeling under the weather, and amazingly unenergetic and just generally crummy, until it was time to head off to work, where there is no access to this website.

That meant that the opportunity to do something about this anniversary was pretty much over until late.

Still, better late than never, right?

So, here is a link to an article from the Huffington Post with five fairly surprising facts about Pearl Harbor.

The one that I found the most shocking and amazing was #3! That one simply blew me away!

Unfortunately, I have never been anywhere near Pearl harbor. Hawaii is still just a distant dream, an exotic place that seems very, very far away from my everyday reality. I would love to go there someday and, if I did, Pearl Harbor would probably be one of the major places that I would like to visit.

Have you ever been there? If so, what are your thoughts/experiences? What did you think of the article (always assuming you took a look)?



5 Facts You Didn't Know About Pearl Harbor, On The 72nd Anniversary      Posted: 12/06/2013:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/06/pearl-harbor-facts_n_4395362.html



No comments:

Post a Comment