Monday, March 10, 2014

Palin Ready to Use Nuke Threat to Reignite Another Cold War

Hey! Let's start another arms war! After all, we seem to be heading towards yet another Cold War with the Russkies, right? So, why half-ass it? Let's go ahead and use this as yet another excuse to jack up military spending, and spread ourselves across the globe in order to maintain an empire that has proven far too costly.

At least, that seems to be the mentality behind Sarah Palin's stated approach towards the Russian-Ukrainian situation, with the referendum in Crimea to rejoin Russia to be held in less than a week now.

She advocated reinforcing the strength of American nuclear weapons to keep Vladimir Putin in check, using the old philosophy, that the best way to stop a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke".

Once again, we are being urged to simply view the Russians as "the bad guys", and we in the west, and particularly Americans, as "the good guys".

I wonder if someone soon will recycle Reagan's old "evil empire" description, as many Americans seems to dismiss Russia today as a makeshift "Soviet" state.

In any case, here is the article that got me on this topic, with Sarah Palin arguing about the wisdom of using at least the threat of nukes to scare Putin.

Plain blasted Obama for being blind-sided by the Russian actions, saying that she warned that this kind of thing would happen for years.

Palin, of course, also blasted the President on other issues, at one point even giving her own interpretation of Dr. Seuss's "Green Eggs and Ham" children's book, showing off her ideology in language that she obviously feels comfortable with:

“I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his healthcare scam. I do not like these dirty crooks or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress stills. I do not like their crony deals. I do not like the spying man. I do not like ‘Oh yes we can.’ I do not like this spending spree. We’re smart we know there’s nothing free. I do not like reporters’ smug replies when I complain about their lies. I do not like this kind of hope. And we won’t take it, nope, nope, nope. Hat tip the Internet.”

I wonder what Dr. Seuss would have made of all of this.






The following two articles about Sarah Palin were instrumental in my writing this blog entry:


"Sarah Palin: nukes are best Putin containment strategy" by the Associated Foreign Press, March 8, 2014:

http://news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-nukes-best-putin-containment-strategy-005149323.html




"In CPAC Speech, Sarah Palin Channels Dr. Seuss to Knock Obama" by Arlette Saenz of ABC News, March 8, 2014:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/03/in-cpac-speech-sarah-palin-channels-dr-seuss-to-knock-obama/

No comments:

Post a Comment