Monday, March 31, 2014

Some Affordable European Capitals

Writing about the Eiffel Tower (or rather, writing an introduction to an older previously published piece I wrote about the Eiffel Tower) got me in the mood to reminisce about Europe. It usually does not take much for me to think about this topic, but on top of it, I had happened on this article before.

So, I am really in the mood. But, being broke and stuck in suburban New Jersey at the moment, it seemed the next best thing would be to at least write about the topic.

This article actually specifies European capitals, and I really have only been to a few of those. Paris, obviously. After all, I am French, and despite the country being far bigger and more diverse than most people on the outside assume, my family does come from the Île-de-France, which is to say the greater Parisian metropolitan area.

Obviously, Paris is the capital, and largest city, of France. But I've also been to Brussels, back when I was yet a little kid. And last year, on the trip to visit Poland, my girlfriend's home country, we were blessed to be able to stop and visit Berlin for a day, which is also a beautiful, and obviously historically rich, city.

That's it for me with European capitals for the moment, although obviously, I would love to visit more someday.

And perhaps so would you. So, you might want to check this piece out about affordable European capitals. the link is below:


"6 affordable European capitals to conquer" by Sharon McDonnell • Bankrate.com:

http://www.bankrate.com/lite/travel/affordable-european-capitals-1.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment