Sunday, April 20, 2014

Some Bible Stories and Themes That Did Not Originate With the Bible

Now, I don't want to offend anybody here.

Some people believe that the Bible is the Word of God, and that as such, every single thing in it is holy, and inspired by a divine hand.

Let me be clear: I do not share this view. That said, I also respect people's viewpoints (always provided that they themselves show respect for other people's viewpoints, my own included).

So, while I do not want to publish something on this, of all days, which is, of course, a holy day for Christians, I have been meaning to share the link to this article that I found some time ago, and today seems like a good opportunity, since this is about religion, after all. I thought it was quite interesting, and maybe you will, too.

My hope is that people will not take offense. I never felt that it was necessarily wrong to investigate public things like this with more depth, and to examine historical facts with more judgment. So, I publish this on Easter Sunday specifically because this seems an appropriate date to write about the Bible and Christianity, and not to try to undermine it, or any such thing.

Without further ado, here is the link to the article that I am speaking of:


"8 Biblical Concepts and Stories That Originated Outside of The Bible"   February 3, 2014 | Posted by A Moore

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/02/03/8-biblical-concepts-stories-originated-outside-bible/

No comments:

Post a Comment