Monday, June 23, 2014

Going on Vacation!

You may have noticed that I published an unusual amount of blogs today (and yesterday), particularly publishing a whole bunch of "On This Day in History" blogs, covering from now until June 30th, early this morning.

Well, there is a reason for it. I will be heading out of town starting today, and will have limited opportunity at best to get on the internet.

So, I figured this would be a good time to try and catch up, or keep pace, or however else you want to put it.

Last year, when we went to Poland, I was still just mostly beginning the "On This Day in History" blog entries, and made little to no effort to bridge the gap of two weeks or so that I was gone.

This time, it felt like I needed to prepare a little better. So, as unconventional as it is to publish a whole bunch of these, covering several different dates, all at once, it seemed better than the alternative: complete inactivity.

At least this way, if you are interested, you can see these blog entries about the events that happened historically on those calendar days that I'll be gone for.

In the meantime, I guess my daily updates for the World Cup will have to take a break, since I need the games and stories to actually be able to write about. Given the unpredictable nature of how this World Cup tournament has been going thus far, I would not venture to guess what is going to happen in the week or so that I'll be gone, because glaring mistakes would probably be my reward.

So, I hope you all enjoy the coming week, whether you are at home or on some sort of road trip yourselves, and I'll look forward to seeing you on the other side of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment