Monday, July 28, 2014

Cleaning Ears With Q-Tips

You know, there are some things that you do from as early as you can remember, and you never really question it.

In fact, you never even think about it, until someone else does.

There was a friend of mine who, for some reason, his family just did not get Q-Tips. I was not entirely sure how they cleaned their ears, or even if they cleaned their ears. But it was on my mind when I went over to his house.

That was the first time that I really noticed that perhaps not everyone used Q-Tip,s but that was as far as that went.

Some years later, however, I had a girlfriend who refused to clean her ears with Q-Tips, saying that she did not trust them, that she felt that they actually did damage to the ears.

It was the first time that I realized that some people actively made a point of not using Q-Tips, and in fact, viewed them with a high degree of skepticism. I had never questioned my own use of them before, but that was the first time that I did so.

Now, my girlfriend presently does not use them, either. The thing is, she got an ear infection a while back, and I made a point of getting some Q-Tips, and recommended her using them.

But to date, I'm pretty sure she has not tried it yet.

Yes, I still use Q-Tips, but this article had me questioning it once again, and perhaps more seriously than ever before.

Do you use Q-Tips? If so, you might want to take a look at this article as well, and see what it has to say. I never thought about the possibility that those harmless looking little swabs with soft cotton on the tips might be taking out more than simply dirty wax from our ears, but this makes me question that assumption of mine!

Take a look:


This Will Make You Never, Ever Want To Clean Your Ears Again by Sarah Klein of The Huffington Post, July 21, 2014:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/dont-clean-ear-qtip_n_5600401.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

No comments:

Post a Comment