Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm baa-aack!

Yes, that's right!

Vacation time now is over! The second trip in less than a month is now completed, and I am writing this while frankly exhausted.

We got back much later than I wanted or anticipated last evening and, since I work overnight, I just had time to unload from my brother's car, and then take a quick shower, before heading off to work!

Not ideal, to say the least.

That said, it was a cool trip. There were highlights and, yes, lowlights as well.

Also, plenty of pictures!

It will take me a while to really be able to get the posts about this most recent trip published, especially since I have not yet really published the posts about the first trip (to the South)!

Still, I will try and make a point of publishing those posts, complete with pictures, in as timely a manner as possible!

In the meantime, it will take a while adjusting. Most likely, there is that kind of glazed look in my eyes, and not just because of the tremendous fatigue I feel at the moment. There is also that realization that I just used up all of the vacation time that I'm entitled to.

And while I do get a new batch of vacation days soon (they recognize the anniversary of your first day on the job) soon, I am unlikely to take another trip anytime soon. First of all, because of finances. Secondly, because I hope to take a bigger, longer trip next year, and the planning, I realize, likely should begin now, and not later.

In any case, one thing that I missed, and am glad to return to, is right here! This very blog page, which I realize I have grown quite attached to! I took many pictures on this trip, and with each one, I wondered how the picture would look being published here, and what I might have to say about my experiences.

It almost feels like a relationship in it's own right, of sorts. That may sound crazy, but there you have it!

Also, I should mention something that happened while I was still on that first trip, and that was that "The Charbor Chronicles" finally reached 100,000 views! I saw the countdown, and figured it would take longer than it did. But I was glad, and quite flattered, to see it! Thank you all for reading this (and if you're reading this now, you are one of the ones I am thanking personally here!).

Looking forward to more posts in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment