Sunday, September 28, 2014

Under the Table and Dreaming Now 20 Years Old!

Ooops!

Wanted to mention this a couple of days ago, and forgot to do so, because Friday was a very hectic day for me for several reasons.

But, better late than never. So, here is the blog entry that I wanted to publish a couple of days ago:





Just wanted to mention an important landmark date for the Dave Matthews Band which, twenty years ago exactly today, they released their breakthrough album, Under the Table and Dreaming!

I remember when they first arrived on the music scene off the strength of that album, and how so many people were really into them!

At the time, I wasn't. His voice was annoying, and I was still very much into Pearl Jam and the whole "grunge" thing, if you will, that after such intense and draining music, I wondered how anyone could get into some music that seemed, by way of comparison, soft.

But I have since changed my mind. Dave Matthews always has meaningful lyrics, and his music is actually quite cool, once you get to know it - which means giving it a chance (which i didn't, back then).

Now, I have seen him numerous times in concert, and enjoyed his many times while driving, and so I can appreciate it. And it really is amazing that the breakthrough album came out two full decades ago!

Unbelievable!

In any case, here's the link to the article on the 20th anniversary of Dave Matthew's breakthrough album:


Under the Table at 20: Revisiting Dave Matthews Band’s Most Important Record by Matt Norlander on September 26, 2014

http://www.relix.com/articles/detail/under_the_table_at_20_revisiting_dave_matthews_bands_most_important_record

No comments:

Post a Comment