Sunday, November 30, 2014

2014 Week 13 NFL & Grey Cup Predictions

Carolina at Minnesota - Neither of these teams are very good. But the Panthers look particularly weak this season, and the Vikings can be a decent team at times. Plus, this game will be in cold Minnesota, and that gives the Vikings the edge. My pick: Minnesota

New Orleans at Pittsburgh - The Saints usually are not a great road team, but are a strong home team. After three straight losses in New Orleans, though, it might be good for them to have a change of surroundings. Going up to Pittsburgh, however, is not the best way to cure a losing streak, and so I think the Saints woes will continue. My pick: Pittsburgh

Cleveland at Buffalo - Wow! What an intriguing game!  A must win for both teams, really. Since this game is in Buffalo, the Bills have a hue advantage, and they will likely have an emotional advantage. Still, the Browns have been tough, and something tells me that they will find a way to win this game. My pick: Cleveland

San Diego at Baltimore - An intriguing game between two struggling playoff contenders. Both are in very tough divisions, and simply cannot afford to lose this game. The Ravens, though, have home field advantage, and that, to me, gives them a solid advantage. My pick: San Diego

NY Giants at Jacksonville - I really hope the Giants can finally get themselves a win, and stop the bleeding. A road trip to Jacksonville could be just the tonic that they need. But both teams are really bad, so it's hard to know for sure. My pick: Giants

Oakland at St. Louis - An interesting game between the two former Los Angeles franchises. The Raiders just got their first win of the season, but the Rams have proven to be tough at home. Plus, the Raiders just are not a good team, even if they did just earn a win. My pick: St. Louis

Cincinnati at Tampa Bay - The Bengals are the better team,  and they really need this one, to boot! Upsets happen, but I doubt that they will in this this game. My pick: Cincinnati

Washington at Indianapolis - A clear mismatch. Barring some kind of miracle upset, the Colts should easily have enough to overwhelm Washington. My pick" Indianapolis

Tennessee at Houston - The Texans are not that good of a team, but they are not nearly as bad a team as the Titans. That, coupled with home field advantage, means that the Teans should win easily. My pick: Texans

Arizona at Atlanta - The Falcons have home field advantage, but that is about the only advantage that they hold in this game. The Cardinals are the better team, they are coming off a loss and want to rebound strongly. I suspect that they will. My pick: Arizona

New England at Green Bay - What a game! One of several that are pretty interesting, and some are suggesting that this could be a Super Bowl preview. Maybe. The Patriots have to go on the road and play in one of the toughest stadiums in the league. If they win, they probably run away with home field advantage in the AFC. But the Packers need this just as much, to stay ahead of Detroit, and to be in solid position for home field and/or a playoff bye. The Packers are virtually unbeatable at home, much like the Patriots themselves. I like Rodgers really putting up some numbers in the second half to ice it for Green Bay. My pick: Green Bay

Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs - I have already written a lot about his particular game in an earlier blog entry, as well as the article on Guardian Liberty Voice. As for who I think will win? My pick: Denver

Miami at NY Jets - Ah, the Jets. Always, the season filled with memory must continue, and the Jets (Jet End The Season) are one of the worst teams in the league, yet again. They could possibly win this game, but they won't. Do I really have to go over the reasons why by now? My pick: Miami


Bonus: Grey Cup: Hamilton Tiger-Cats versus Calgary Stampeders

The Canadian Football League championship is on the line. Hamilton seems to be the hot team right now, having recovered from a dismal start to find themselves 60 solid minutes of football away from a champion ship. But the Stampeders have been the best team all season long, and I would expect that they are able to seal the deal this time. My pick: Calgary to win the Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment