Sunday, November 2, 2014

NFL Week 9 Preview

Okay, I am running out of time in a hurry, and this has proven to be a surprisingly and annoyingly busy morning.

Still, I have tried to make predictions for the upcoming NFL weekend each week, and want to continue to do so this week.

So, let me do this as fast as I can.

NY Jets at Kansas City - Do I really even have to say it? Chiefs, probably by a landslide.

Arizona at Dallas - Wow! What an intriguing game this is! I suspect that the Cowboys will benefit from home field advantage, although this is a huge test for the Cardinals. If they win, they would have earned their top spot so far in the NFC! But I'll go with the 'Boys.

Philadelphia at Houston - Houston may be better than they were last season, but there are still plenty of holes. And the Eagles want to bounce back, need to bounce back, from the loss last week. I will take the Eagles.

San Diego at Miami - Both teams need this win. The Dolphins have home field advantage, and the Chargers are on a slump. Tough game to call, but I'll pick the Dolphins.

Jax at Cincinnati - Not a tough game to call at all. Unless they absolutely blow it, the Bengals should win, and win big. They need this game.

Washington at Minnesota - Two not so great teams. But the Vikings are better, and have home field advantage. Tough to go against them. My pick is the Vikings.

Tampa Bay at Cleveland - If the Browns are to be serious contenders this season, this is the kind of game that they absolutely need to win. I think they will, and with no problem.

St. Louis at San Francisco - I'd like to say the Rams have a shot. But unless the 49ers totally choke, or are rusty after their bye week, they should win this one easily.

Oakland at Seattle - The Raiders just cannot catch a break, it seems. They need to earn their first victory, but can they really do it up in Seattle? I think not.

Denver at New England - This is the eagerly anticipated showdown! The Patriots and Broncos are like the Colts and Patriots rivalry from just a few years ago. Same two quarterbacks, same level of elite quality of play. Tough game to call, but I suspect it will be tight. I will pick the Broncos in a tight one, but I feel nervous about calling this one either way.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh - I like the Ravens to beat the Steelers, who have been remarkably inconsistent. One week, they look dominant, they next, they look weak. The Ravens are a steadier team, and I think that should benefit them for the win this weekend.

Indianapolis at NY Giants - Historically, the Giants never seem to be great after the bye week. And they have a hell of a team to go up against. On top of it, the Colts are coming off a loss, and want to bounce back strongly this week. I would love to say the Giants will win, but....I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment