Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Do You Really Need to Move At Least 5 Times in Your Life?

I have heard some arguments similar to this before. And while they are compelling on some level, I am not entirely sure that they are necessarily valid for everyone. It seems that, no matter how your life is going, the author is recommending that you leave it all behind and move somewhere else, which might not always be the answer. In fact, sometimes, this bares a striking resemblance to running away from your problems.

You know, when my brother and I were children, my parents made several moves - a couple of times, between different countries! It was strange, and as a child, I remember feeling a sense of impermanence about our home, not knowing when it would be time to pack up and leave once again.

In any case, it was interesting enough to get me thinking about it, and thus, I thought it would definitely be worth posting here.

Let me know your thoughts on it. Is systematically making a point of moving for change of scenery and change of direction and mindset in life always a positive thing, or is it not that simple? Does the author make good points?

Here is the link:

Staying Is Settling: Why You Need To Move At Least 5 Times In Your Life  by Lauren Martin

http://elitedaily.com/life/staying-settling-need-move-5-times-life/751829/?utm_source=FBTraffic&utm_medium=fijifrost&utm_campaign=CMfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment