Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Other Andre Moments

As I stated in that last article, Andre was my favorite wrestler during that era, and has remained so since, as well. For the most part, my memories of him were always positive, and when I think of wrestling back in those days, I think of the WWF, and of Andre. I guess also of that match in general, since it was so huge, it kind of took on a life of it's own.

In any case, it seemed like a good idea to add some other memories from those times as well. SO, here were some of the most memorable moments (at least according to me) in the WWF career of Andre the Giant.

The biggest one early on was the long standing rivalry between Andre and his main nemesis back on those days: Big John Studd.



WrestleMania Slam Challenge:





This one stood out especially in my memory, and my brother and I spoke about it one time a few years ago, and agreed that, at the time, we both found it very upsetting. In any case, here is when Ken Patera and Big John Studd attacked Andre in the ring and ultimately gave him a haircut. My father mused at the time that Andre probably was just tired of having his hair that way, and wanted a haircut. He might not have been far off, either.





But Andre got revenge:





Here is a really cool documentary on Andre's life, which I have seen a few times, but thought would definitely be worth sharing:







No comments:

Post a Comment