Saturday, December 13, 2014

RIP, Georgine D. Finn Retired Kindergarten Teacher From Liberty, NY

It is with great sadness that I found out about this particular bit of news.

You know, I think this will mark the first time that I ever did a RIP feature on someone that was not particularly famous or well known to the general public.

That said, I wanted to acknowledge that one week ago, someone who played a pretty special role in my life passed away. I found out about it just yesterday.

The person was Georgine Finn, who I knew better as Mrs. Finn. She was my kindergarten teacher in Liberty, New York. I remember her for being particularly kind and helpful to me when I came to the United States, not speaking or understanding the English language. That must have been a challenge to her, as well.

I only have pleasant memories of her, and feel that she was, indeed, very special.




Georgine D. Finn Retired Kindergarten Teacher, 88 Dec 9, 2014 Sullivan County Democrat, December 12, 2014:

http://scdemocratonline.com/webpages/obituariesdetail.aspx?id=2729686d-8917-4de3-a9a5-ca4f9906876d#sthash.ZAOi3Hum.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment