Friday, February 27, 2015

RIP, Leonard Nimoy

When I was a child, I remember thinking of Mr. Spock instantly whenever Star Trek was mentioned. Even though I never became a "Trekkie" or anything like that, I always enjoyed Star Trek episodes during childhood, and am not averse to them now that I am older, either.

Plus, he did some other things, as well. He hosted documentaries, and just seemed like an interesting character outside of the Hollywood world. There was something about him that just implied a high degree of intelligence, and not just in his role as Mr. Spock.

So, I was saddened to hear of the news of his passing earlier today.

He was known best for his iconic "Live long and prosper" saying on the Star Trek series.

Indeed, I think we all profited from the presence of such a man as Leonard Nimoy, and I wanted to honor the man today, saddened that we lost a legend, but rejoicing that we got to enjoy and appreciate him in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. Although I enjoyed his performance as Mr. Spock, my personal favorite Leonard Nimoy project was a (by comparison to Star Trek, anyway) little-remembered series he hosted in the late seventies and early eighties, devoted to unsolved mysteries. I suspect you'll recognize the theme music right away. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4PGCQQ4Oc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember him doing that, yes. And I enjoyed most everything that he did. He seemed like a truly fascinating guy, through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember him doing that, yes. And I enjoyed most everything that he did. He seemed like a truly fascinating guy, through and through.

    ReplyDelete