Monday, March 2, 2015

Marshawn Lynch Discusses Infamous Super Bowl 2nd & 1 to Turkish TV








Seattle Seahawks

So finally, a month to the day after what may have a shot at being the most infamous call in NFL history, and possibly one of the most infamous calls and plays in sports history, the one member of the Seahawks that everyone is talking about - the one everyone expected to get the ball and pound it into the end zone for the big Super Bowl win - is discussing the play openly.

Some may have expected him to take a more outraged tone, and to suggest that he feels cheated for not having been given the ball, and the opportunity to win the big game for his team. For having been slighted.

However, his tone is much different than perhaps most people would assume that it would be.

Lynch talked a lot more than the media is used to him speaking, although even then, it was in an unconventional setting: Turkey!

He was there for a reason, however. He was promoting American football overseas, sort of the face of Americans football. A good will ambassador, if you will.

Yet, he also spoke about a play that will likely be a big part of his legacy throughout his career, if not his life, and which likely still stings as a still open sore at the moment: the play that effectively denied him a chance to become the ultimate Super Bowl hero, likely the deserved MVP (if not the official one), and a rare chance at back-to-back rings with the Seahawks.

Here is what Lynch had to say:


"To be honest with you, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was expecting the ball. Yes, I was expecting the ball. But in life, these things happen. Like I told a reporter after the game, it's a team sport.

"I had no problem with the decision of the playcalling. I mean, you know ... I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in ... I am the face of the nation. You know, MVP of the Super Bowl ... that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time. I don't know what went into that call. I mean, maybe it was a good thing that I didn't get the ball. I mean, you know, it cost us the Super Bowl. I mean, I have full ... I have full confidence in my teammates to execute that plan because we've done it so many more times. But would I love to had the ball in? Yes, I would have.

"But the game is over, and I am in Turkey."


Not what everyone expected, to be sure.

But, in that regard, this is classic Lynch. Never seemingly what you expect him to be, yet fascinating as always!

Here is the link to the article:


Marshawn Lynch to Turkish TV on Super Bowl play: 'I was expecting the ball' By Eric Edholm Shutdown Corner, March 1, 2015:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/marshawn-lynch-to-turkish-tv-on-super-bowl-play---i-was-expecting-the-ball-190253725.html



And here is a link to an article that I wrote about Marshawn Lynch recently on the Guardian Liberty Voice, which I hope you will be inclined to take a look at:


No comments:

Post a Comment