Friday, March 20, 2015

What's New on the Stephen King Front?



So, Stephen King is having another busy year again.

He has two full length novels coming out. One in June (can't wait!), and another later in the year, in November.

Here, specifically, is the schedule for King this year, according to Lilja's Library:

June 2: Finders Keepers
June 25: Under the Dome season 3
June 30: Drunken Fireworks
September 1: The Stephen King Companion: Four Decades of Fear from the Master of Horror
September 8: Joyland (Illustrated Hardcover Edition)
November 3: The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Copied from Lilja's Library: http://liljas-library.com/


So, it seems like a busy year for King, indeed!

Since I happened to run into an article recently that had a top five list of the best Stephen King books adapted to film, I decided to share the link, and my thoughts about it, here.

First of all, let me just say that I disagree with the list. I mean, Stand by Me (the movie adaptation for King's novella, The Body) was a very good movie, but better than The Shawshank Redemption? How could Shawshank not be number one, when it is often considered one of the very best movies of all time. That is not to take The Body for granted, since it is, undeniably, an excellent film in it's own right. Just not better than The Shawshank Redemption.

Also, how could The Green Mile not be on the list? That is just a notch or two below Shawshank, frankly. And it is disappointing that two movies of King's that I really enjoyed immensely, Hearts in Atlantis and Storm of the Century, never seem to make these lists, even though they are both a lot of fun to watch, even repeatedly (in my case, anyway).

Not that I do not like the movies that were included on the list. I did. But I disagree with the order, as well as leaving certain King movies out.

Also, there are a couple of more links related to Stephen King, which I thought fellow fans might take an interest in.

Enjoy!


Clip joint: the best Stephen King film adaptations





This Week in Fiction: Stephen King BY CRESSIDA LEYSHON, MARCH 2, 2015:

No comments:

Post a Comment