Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Great Workouts in Minutes

You know, I tried one of these workouts. Specifically, a five-minute ab workout.

It may sound funny, because in the end, that expression "don't hurt yourself" really actually applied. I noticed that he kept his legs lifted slightly off the ground, and did so with a relative (or at least seemingly) measure of ease that was deceptive. Not that I thought it would be easy, just that it did not look quite as difficult as it would prove to be.

I went through the routine for a few days, and after doing it one particular time, I went about my business during the rest of the day. But I noticed that my leg hurt.

The next day, it still hurt. I skipped the exercise routine, thinking it best to make sure my leg was okay.

Then two days later, my leg still hurt, and the realization dawned on me sometime between the first and second day that I surely had pulled a muscle there.

By about the fourth day, I was not even taking my regular walks, determined to overcome whatever problems this was causing me.

That was in the fall, and the leg problem kept on going. It lasted weeks, until I was starting to get really scared that I had inadvertently done permanent damage.

Luckily, it eventually went away. But I came out of that experience with a few things. Firstly, I was unusually lazy this past winter, partly because I was nervous about doing damage to that leg muscle again. Also, I never tried that particular workout again, although I have been interested in trying some kind of replacement that would not put my leg muscles at risk. Finally, there was this sense of my age, particularly of feeling every minute of my years here on earth. This surely would not have happened fifteen years ago, or even ten years ago. Hell, I'm pretty sure I would have been okay about seven or eight years ago, when I was regularly exercising and lost around forty pounds overall.

But now, apparently, things were different.

Still, as I just mentioned, there is a desire to try and find some substitute where I will not risk such an injury (is there such a substitute?). I have finally begun taking fairly regular hikes, and am trying also to make these increasingly more difficult and challenging, to test myself, and try and get myself in shape.

So, I have been looking, and will test the waters for another workout that hopefully won't hurt me like the last one wound up doing.

Here are some that I found that may be promising and, even if they are not, it seemed like something worth sharing here at the very least. So, here are the links:


A beginner V-CUT AB workout you can do at your house in just 5 MINUTES



No comments:

Post a Comment