Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

Just wanted to make sure that I wish everyone a Happy Easter Sunday!

I know that this is a time for many people to get together with family for an Easter meal, and good times spent together. This is a sacred time of the year for Christians, as this day is actually more sacred than Christmas is.

Some believe that the festivities and imagery surrounding this holiday - particularly candy Easter bunnies - go against the grain of the spirit of this day.

While that may be true, and there certainly is legitimacy to the notion that it has become overly commercialized, nonetheless, I try to do similar things with my son. That was what Easter often meant when I was growing up. Easter egg hunts, chocolate bunnies, peeps, and other sure signs of Easter. These traditions made me happy as a child, and so I feel it is important to try and make sure that my own son has the chance to enjoy the same thing.

In any case, whatever Easter might mean to you, I wish each and everyone who celebrates it a Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment