Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mad Men's Funniest Moments?


Oh, I'm sure Don Draper pulled the same stunt with his award in episode "5G".
Photo courtesy of Leo Fung's Flickr Page - Oh, I'm sure Don Draper pulled the same stunt with his award in episode "5G". - https://www.flickr.com/photos/fungleo/3942636180
Creative Commons License - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/



Any non-Mad Men fans out there?

Hope I am not turning people away with all of these posts on this television series, but I did really enjoy the show, and this was the first weekend where we can never look forward to a new show. Plus, a lot of people have been writing about it extensively.

So, I ran into this link, about the funniest moments found in the entire series of Mad Men.

The funniest moment that I can remember was not even rated here among the top ten funniest moments of the show. To me, the one moment that truly stands out as the funniest was in season 5, when Lane and Don wind up spending an evening out. They go to dinner and have a steak dinner, and at one point, Lane stands up and shouts, taking his steak and shoving it into his crotch, a scene that I still think is hysterical.

Now, I will admit that Pete getting his ass kicked by Lane was also very funny, as was his taking a tumble on the stairs. Roger had numerous funny moments with his witticisms. Also, Peggy rollerskating was pretty funny, as well.

But that episode with Don and Lane was one of my favorites, precisely because it was uncharacteristically funny (not just that moment that I described, either).

Obviously, the authors of this article do not agree with my assessment.

But some of the moments that they picked really were not even funny. That includes Roger throwing up, which was really just gross (to me). Also, why would Don crying (I think the picture that they show is from when he heard that Anne had died) be particularly funny? Not sure I get that.

And the guy getting his foot run over by a lawnmower, and the blood and other crap from his foot splattering all over those around him at the time qualifying as the funniest moment in Mad Men history? Sounds kind of sick, to me. But, whatever.

Any fans of the show out there? What do you think?

Take a look at this link, and see if you agree with the funniest moments in the show:





A LOOK BACK AT THE FUNNIEST MOMENTS ON MAD MEN by Mike Schuster, May 15, 2015:

No comments:

Post a Comment