Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, Memorial Day weekend is done for this year.

This weekend traditionally marks the de facto start of summer (at least in the United States), of course.

Now, summer is here.

And I was blessed to have had the opportunity to share each day with people, and particularly my son. I already posted about that old college classmate that I had not seen in fifteen plus years (man, that is depressing to hear that), with the train set. Then on Saturday, I got together with a couple of friends/ex coworkers from my old part-time job.

We hung out outside, had a barbecue and just talked, joked, laughed. My son really likes my friend's dog, who's name is Doce (doh-chay), an energetic little dog who, nonetheless, my in the West and darkness came. Then came the lights and the fire, and a little more conversation, before we had to wrap things up. I had to get my son home, as it was getting late, and he, as a boy scout, had the Memorial Day Parade to go to.

Then yesterday, my brother and my son went to Wawayanda State Park to enjoy the beautiful weather! It could not have been more perfect outside, with blue skies and puffy white clouds floating by, and then temperatures warm but not hot. No humidity, or not much, anyway. As ideal as you could ask for. Just a perfect day. My brother left early, but my son and I remained, as he played in the sand, and I read, every now and then putting the book down to take in the lake view.

A nice weekend, through and through.

Here are some pictures from our Saturday night, with the fire:






No comments:

Post a Comment