Sunday, June 7, 2015

Joe Mande - The First Guy to Drink Milk & The Invention of Cheese

A couple of years ago, I lay in bed watching Comedy Central with my girlfriend falling asleep beside me, when this comedian came on.

Now, my girlfriend sometimes watches comedy routines, but I usually find them less than funny. She really likes Jeff Dunham.

I do not. He makes me chuckle every now and then, and that's about it.

No, that's just not my thing. I think he plays to the crowd too much, and that grows tiresome.

Personally, I like comedians that make me think, and that just have a unique approach. Robin Williams was a great comedian, although I sometimes had difficulty, admittedly, keeping up with his routine, since he spoke so fast and energetically, that I would often lose track of the joke somewhere along the way. But when I did get his stuff, he was riotously funny.

My favorite comedian was probably George Carlin. Anyone who is familiar with him knows that much of his comedy routine consists of revealing certain truths about life and people and politics that most of us fail to notice or take for granted. My brother and I were just remembering one of his routines about how people do this makeshift jog after tripping, as if they meant to do that. Also, his exposing the paradoxes and idiocies of people's prejudices and politics are amazing, and he does it in a hilarious style!

There were other comedians who were very funny when I was growing up. Jeff Foxworthy was very funny, as was Tim Allen before he made it big on television. There were tons of comedians on Saturday Night Live that were very funny. Probably the funniest was Chris Foley, although I really liked Phil Hartmann, Dana Carvery, Mike Myers, Dave Spade, and quite a few others as well. Also, we had some older guys, like Martin Short, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and others. And Jim Carrey came on the scene and seemed to dominate the comedy world for a while.

Many of those comedians were in some really funny movies. Dave Spade and Chris Farley worked well together, and even though he is far from the funniest comedian I know of, Adam Sandler was in some funny movies as well. Mike Myers was very funny in all of those Austin Powers movies, and Jim Carrey was in a league of his own.

Well, in any case, I digress.

I was lying there in bed, and this one comedian came on, and he was hilarious! I was laughing hard, shaking the bed and worrying that I might wake my girlfriend up. I thought maybe it might be better to go into the living room to watch the rest of this show, but this particular comedian's comedy routine was over before I ever got the chance. Unfortunately, I did not catch his name, and never saw that particular episode again in Comedy Central.

He was funny enough that I wanted to see more of his work, but finding his comedy routine without having caught his name proved quite difficult.

Eventually, I did find some clips, although it took a while. I told my brother about it, and he was laughing at the description, although I could not actually produce the guy's name, or the name of the routine, for him to check it out on his own.

That did change, however.

His name is Joe Mande, and the comedy clip that really cracked me up that night was "The First Guy to Drink Milk" and "The Invention of Cheese" bits, which are include down below.

Here are the clips. Hopefully, you enjoy them as much as I did, and get a good laugh out of it, as well:




Joe Mande - First Guy to Drink Milks:  http://www.cc.com/video-clips/dqkern/the-half-hour-first-guy-to-drink-milk





The follow-up is here, although there is no video to it. However, if you click on the link, you can see the stand-up routine for both parts, as well as some of his other material. Some of it is quite funny, too. Take a look:

Joe Mande - The First Guy to Drink Milk:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/dqkern/the-half-hour-first-guy-to-drink-milk



Joe Mande: Invention of Cheese:

No comments:

Post a Comment