Monday, January 25, 2016

Snowy Weekend

Ah, yes. It was a slow weekend here at the "Charbor Chronicles" by virtue of my lack of ability to really have quality internet access. To be sure, I had internet access, but it was strictly on the phone. Typing on the phone is far more time consuming and stressful, and whatever is being written far more easily lost, and so I decided to wait out the storm and write something a little more substantive when the chance next arose.

What this weekend consisted of was watching a whole bunch of movies, which we did with the DVD player, since the cable was out from early Saturday morning until Sunday morning.

We saw The Revenant (which I will try and review here soon) on Friday evening, and by the time that the movie ended, the snow was already coating the ground, even though the forecast predicted that it was set to begin at 4am. But that was only the first time that the weather predictions for this particular weekend proved to be wrong and, if anything, underestimated this storm.

Now, we have heard that this was the second biggest storm on record in the New York/New Jersey area. I can believe it, because this one exceeded two feet where I was, in Hillsborough, New Jersey. Saturday was a mess, with snow and whipping winds throughout the day. The internet and cable went down early, and so stuck inside but still with power, needless to say we watched a few movies on DVD, including Lost and Found, Rain Man, and Forrest Gump.

Since I lost access to the internet, my ability to post blogs here was extremely limited. The only way that I could do it was through my cell phone, and typing on that thing is, to say the least, no small feat. So, the blog entries had to be kept short, and I basically just managed to publish a couple of Super Bowl Memories posts, in the wrong order (sorry about that).

Things appear to be more or less back to normal now, however, and so I just wanted to thank everyone for their patience! It is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment