Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Pro-Hillary Supporter Mocks Sanders Revolution, & My Response, Part Two

Yesterday, I posted about a guy (who shall remain nameless) who himself posted something about Bernie Sanders that I found both baseless and classless.

I posted a response, which is unlike me for people I do not know well. He and I belong to the same group (which happens to be an anti-Tea Party group), so it is not like I know him, or anything. Yet, it just irked me, how self-assured he was, and how his support of Hillary Clinton had made him a sore loser following the Nevada caucus results.

All he did in response was "Like" my comment, but he did not choose to respond on his own.

Well, since then, he went much, much further. He posted a series of memes with pictures of Bernie Sanders saying or doing fairly ridiculous things, or generally implying a ridiculous way of thinking. One of them was aimed at supporters of Sanders, and it basically suggested that he could say or do anything that he liked, because his supporters simply took him at his word and never did research, just drank the Kool Aid.

Drank the Kool Aid, which is an obvious comparison to Jim Jones and the Jonestown tragedy, when well over one hundred of the cult leader's followers, including children, drank a toxic Kool Aid in what I believe to be the biggest mass suicide in history.

This was taking criticism of Sanders to a whole new level, or, shall I say, a whole new low.

However, I did not want to argue anymore. Yet, it also bothered me enough that I did not want to leave it entirely unanswered. So, I wrote this:

Comparing a man like Bernie Sanders to Jim Jones and the Jonestown tragedy? Wow. Just wow.

Of course, there is plenty more that I can say about that. There are crazies supporting pretty much every candidate, and I know that there are good people who support Hillary, and truly believe in her and what she represents. I am not one of them, because it is hard to overlook some of the less savory aspects of her political reality.

Still, it is comments like these, and the supportive comments (of which there were plenty) by other Hillary supporters, who keep talking in terms of winning this political battle by any means necessary, rather than on focusing on what is truly best for the country as a whole, that turn me off to the so-called mainstream politicians, and reaffirm my staunch opposition to the two-party system. Some people will disagree with me here, but that kind of nonsense really makes me wonder if I actually ever could enter a voting booth and cast a vote for Hillary, or any other politicians like her.

So, I decided to write a little bit about this here, as well as to add another blog entry entire that will focus on the specifics of what Hillary Clinton is all about, and why detractors (such as myself) are not merely sexist or stupid, but have very good reason not to trust her, and specifically, to be highly skeptical of her ties to big money.

7 comments:

  1. Do I know this person, just out of curiosity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know this person. We are not even Facebook friends, but happen to have joined the same Facebook group, which is why we were continually interacting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I see repeated posts on high-profile websites (Facebook, Yahoo, Huffington Post, etc) by people resorting to cheap shots and disinformation in an attempt to discredit someone, I always find myself wondering if that person's being paid for their efforts. I wouldn't put that past too many people in the political arena, on account of that "victory at all costs" mindset you were describing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knows - maybe Mom has merely been pretending to be liberal all these years, and this "stranger" was in fact her alter ego expressing her true views...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom has indeed had a well-documented history of being a neocon troll and heckler in various political websites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it! You think you know somebody...

    ReplyDelete