Monday, March 14, 2016

Back to the Grind?

Okay, so it has been one day short of a week since I got what had been mere symptoms that I might be coming down with something turned into something far more serious. Since then, I was forced to call out for three different shifts between my two jobs, but hope not to have to call off from either one anymore.

We shall see how that goes, and I will not hesitate to call off if it should be necessary to do so again.

In the meantime, I intend to try and take it easy over the next few days, because even if it might seem that the worst of this sickness has passed, it would not do to fall into the trap of overconfidence and overdo things, only to have to accommodate a relatively severe sickness again.

At the height of this illness, I was running an extremely hot temperature, felt alternately very hot or very cold (to the point where I was so chilly, I would literally be shaking with teeth clattering, despite the layers), had a sore throat, massive congestion, a relentless headache that would not go away, body aches, a sense of sheer physical and mental exhaustion, and an almost barking cough that made me grimace with the burning sensation coming from within my chest.

Yes, it was a bad thing, man! And I am thankful that at least the worst of it is over, although I now have to be careful not to do anything to derail the road to recovery.

Unfortunately, I had to go back to work this Monday morning - a rainy Monday morning, to boot. But I feel relatively well-rested, and even though I cannot say that I'm back at full strength, it feels like it is time to go back nonetheless.

It's just hard to feel excited about it, and worrying that my symptoms, which are not as pronounced as days ago but which are, nonetheless, largely still present, could still grow worse as easily as they have gotten better.

At some point, I will need to go pick up some Robitussin and more DayQuil and NyQuil, even if they are not consumed during this illness. Also, probably some more Vitamin C supplements, as well as other things to build up the immune system.

So, it is likely to be the busiest day that I have had in quite some time now, and I cannot count on being ready for it. More like I just want to get through it already. Get it over with, and see what happens.

Here's hoping that everyone else will enjoy their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment