Thursday, April 21, 2016

RIP, Prince


Unbelievable!

I just learned that the musician Prince died today, at the age of 57. that is amazingly young, all things considered.

My brother just emailed that news to me, and I happened on it just as I was about to close the internet, turn off the computer, and go out.

Such an incredible talent who contributed tremendously to the music world! Also, another stinging loss in what has become a string of huge losses to the world of music this year.

He will certainly be missed.


1 comment:

  1. Easily ranks among the greatest pop music figures of all time; very sad and unexpected loss. A DJ on 104.3 was saying that his wife took him to see a Prince concert years ago, and he was embarrassed (his words) to admit he had low expectations because he wrongly thought he was just a flashy music video star. He was floored to realize how talented he actually was, and said it was one of the best rock shows he's ever seen. I regret not seeing him when I had the chance, for that matter. Pop had a similar experience, actually. He was blown away by YouTube footage of him playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with some other famous musicians. He couldn't get over how good he was. Of course, in my head I was smiling and thinking "The rest of the world has known this for over 30 years, Pop..." Anyway, this is one of the most touching tributes to him I've seen, and really encapsulates the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words": http://img07.deviantart.net/67d1/i/2012/007/0/1/the_little_prince_by_fauna93-d4llnsy.jpg

    ReplyDelete