Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Earth Day Week: Alternative Energy Starting to be Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels


Earth from Space with Stars

Photo courtesy of DonkeyHotey Flickr Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/donkeyhotey/6143809369




The old button from the Environmental Club days which I just happened to find on Earth Day! It is a little beat up (particularly the ends of the ribbon), but no worse for the wear, I think. And it is one of the few items that I have left from those days, so it carries a lot of great memories for me! Nothing Changes Until You Do!



Here is a picture of a very similar logo, with the same message, that was on the t-shirt that I purchased from the BCC Environmental Club and, if memory serves me correctly, may even have helped to make. There were a few projects like that which club members, myself included, were regularly involved with. It has been so long, however, that I no longer recall specifically if I actually helped to make these or not, although I do believe so, since I remember seeing the process of the t-shirts being dyed. In any case, I loved this t-shirt, and have kept it ever since, even if I do not regularly wear it. Since it was part of my experience with the BCC Environmental Club days, as well as more generally having an environmental theme, it seemed appropriate to share it here. 



"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed."

~Mahatma Gandhi


"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
  
~John F. Kennedy  


Spent so much time on the recollections of the Earth Day that my son and I enjoyed together yesterday, that it left almost no time to write anything more.

So, just wanted to make sure to add something else as well, with an environmental theme, of course.

So here is a link from the Bill Moyers site, which reveals that there is some good news in the development of alternative energy to traditional fossil fuels.

Take a look:


Good News for Mother Earth: Solar, Wind Power Becoming Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels November 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment