Saturday, January 6, 2018

2017-18 NFL Playoff Predictions




Usually, I do this a bit earlier, well before the first kick-off is in play, let alone while a game is wrapping up, as the Chiefs-Titans game is doing now. It is still the fourth quarter, but the Titans have come roaring back from a 21-3 halftime deficit, and closed to within 21-17.

I picked the Chiefs, and even though it seems that KC finds a way to choke during each postseason, I will still stick with my pick of them beating Tennessee in this Wild Card game, although admittedly, the rally by Tennessee is making me a bit nervous about the pick.

But what about beyond that?
 
Well, I made my predictions for the season before the year began. I predicted that the Panthers would rebound, which they did, but not quite as strongly as I expected. In fact, I had them winning the NFC, but frankly, the way that they have been playing lately, I would not put money on them surviving this Wildcard weekend.
 
So, who will take it?
 
Well, let me once again go and make my predictions for each remaining game:
 
Wildcard - Chiefs defeat Titans, Atlanta defeat L.A. Rams, Jacksonville defeats Buffalo, New Orleans defeats Carolina.
 
 
Divisional Round: New England defeats Kansas City, Pittsburgh defeats Jacksonville, Minnesota defeats New Orleans, Atlanta defeats Philadelphia
 
Championship Games: New England defeats Pittsburgh, Minnesota defeats Atlanta
 
And my Super Bowl pick:
 
Super Bowl LII: New England defeats Minnesota
 
Yup, I'm sticking with my original pick from before the season began, because New England still looks like the best team in the league, once again. Still have not seen anything that makes me believe that New England will not raise that trophy again at season's end.





No comments:

Post a Comment