Saturday, April 14, 2018

My Son & I Participate in the "Hot Pepper Challenge"

The Hot Pepper Challenge (make and 1 face)




Okay, so as mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I need to take a bit of a break from the depressing news headlines, which have of course been relentless ever since around January 20, 2017, for some reason. Can't imagine what that reason might be, but it seems that the bad news has been hitting fast and hard and like never before ever since around that date. 

Strange.

Anyway, yes, I need to take a break from that, because sometimes, it is healthy to give yourself a pass, right? There have been health news bits that suggest that you can seriously reduce your stress by actively making a point of not listening to the news for at least a few days. In my case, that should translate to not writing blog entries regarding the news for at least a few days.

So, on to other topics. One that I wanted to write about for some time was something that my son and I participated in over last weekend. He said that he wanted to do something called "the hot pepper challenge," which I had never heard of, but which sounded cool to me. His mom (my ex) is kind of a wimp when it comes to spices, even really mild spices that most people would not feel is spicy at all.

Naturally, he asked me to participate in the challenge, and I obliged.

The hot pepper challenge only consisted of two different hot peppers. One of them was not a challenge at all to me, because it was jalapeno peppers, which I have had on my own numerous times, and generally enjoy. So, my tolerance for them is pretty solid.

The others were actually quite hot, although not at first. They did not taste like much of anything initially, although once you stop chewing and swallow, you begin to feel how hot it gets. Indeed, it got really hot.

To the best of my understanding, the challenge was to eat the peppers and not change your face, or generally show any reaction to eating the peppers. My son was literally in tears, turning red, and jumping up and down. 

In my case, I started coughing before I even began chewing, because a small piece of the pepper, which was extremely dry, went right into my throat, and kind of lodged there. So, it was extremely uncomfortable.

It was fun though. My son wanted to do it. And if it is important to him, then it is important to me.

Glad to have participated, and to have had the chance to share this video, when father and son participated in a fun activity together!

No comments:

Post a Comment