Thursday, May 17, 2018

Best of Luck to My Brother

My brother has been in upstate New York, in the Plattsburgh area specifically, the last few days. He is looking to relocate and start fresh in a new environment, and one can do worse than Plattsburgh for that. 

Plattsburgh is a small city, about half an hour or so from the Canadian (Quebec) border. For our Francophone family, that is important, as making regular visits to French Canada in particular has been a regular thing since the late 1980's.

Plus, Plattsburgh is a small city in an otherwise predominately rural area. It is near Lake Champlain, the lake in between Vermont and New York, and the beautiful Adirondack Mountains - some of the tallest mountains in North America east of the Rockies - are also nearby.

So, I wish him the best of luck in succeeding to move out there! I have thought about moving up there myself from time to time, although have not actually done so. At least not yet. 

But again, hope all is going well or went well, and you find what you want up there!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I went to that job fair yesterday, and was underwhelmed with the results - few recruiters seemed to be looking for jobs related to my skill set, i.e. bilingual French/English and/or clerical work (data entry, proofreading, etc.). That being said, I met with someone from an employment agency earlier this afternoon, and am meeting with someone from a different agency tomorrow before heading back to Jersey. That seems to be a more promising lead than the aforementioned job fair. I'll keep you posted. At any rate, I'm heading back to Jersey tomorrow, and will have to figure out a game plan to make this happen. Hope all's well with you and Sébastien.

    ReplyDelete