Friday, December 9, 2011

Starting over again...

Okay, so, yeah, it's been a long time since I last even managed to check in to this site. Someone I like and respect asked about it recently, and I figured it was about that time to start this up again. So, after a rough twenty or so minutes, going back and forth, trying to gain access (I had long ago forgotten the password), I finally managed it, and here I am.

Not much time to write at the moment, and this is mostly just a test entry. When I see the results, I will know how to come back and add to it regular. For now, this must remain short.

So....I am starting over again - and on many levels. With the repetitions of what life sometimes throws at you feeling sometimes reminiscent of the ebb and flow of the waves of the ocean, you can easily get distracted, right? However, the one thing I do not want on this blog, or pretty much any other writing of mine, is direct reference to anything that goes on in my personal life, otherwise, it becomes either an autobiographical piece, or a complaining session, maybe like Dear Abby. Perhaps someday, something will happen in my life that I will feel a need to write about directly, but right now, I will try and maintain a strict separation. I am not opposed to autobiographical pieces, per se, but hardly think my life is interesting enough to hold any reader's interest, and that would likely include my own.

So, here I am....starting again. What should I say? It is writing, and writing is not always easy. Anyone who thinks so should try it. There are times when it is difficult. At times, you feel the words flowing freely. At other times, it is like pushing a boulder up a mountain, or flying to close to the sun with wax wings bound to melt. You can feel it is not working, but it can be tough to swallow. Much like life itself, right? But inspiration can be found, if you search for it. And today, a day after the 31st anniversary of the shooting of John Lennon, i could hardly go wrong with trying to honor the late Beatle and the beauty and heart of his works. So I am quoting from a powerful song, one of the last songs for the Beatles as a group, and hope that my own work may perhaps someday flow nearly as beautifully as the words of Lennon, so many years ago. Here are the lyrics that I found inspiring enough to write this post, in hopes for a better future for it than the neglected past for this blog. These words are the opening lyrics to "Across the Universe" :
"Words are flowing out like
Endless rain into a papercup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
Are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me"

No comments:

Post a Comment