Sunday, March 24, 2013

Winter Storm March 2013 Part 2

There was yet another snow storm on Saturday, March 16th. In fact, we had yet another one on Monday the 18th but, if you follow my post, you will know that not only did I not get any pictures for that particular storm, but that it was a most annoying and unwelcome storm that made the roads very slick and slippery, with a lot of accidents and incidents. But before that, there was the milder snowfall on Saturday the 16th. I was at work, but still managed to take these shots, which came out wonderfully under the circumstances (and given the obviously less than professional grade of the camera I was using at the time). Here are some of those pics:


Bright red berries add a splash of color to the winter wonderlandscape of white snow, and bare brown tree bark.  Roseland, New Jersey

























Buds were showing on these trees, but were covered in frozen snow for the storm.










Here are some pictures from the previous snowstorm that did not make it to the post that I put on this blog on March 9th. Thought I would put them up here now. 







































Photography is a growing hobby of mine. I never took any classes or anything like that. Hell, I took these pictures on my Kindle, which has served as my only camera for quite some time now. But still, I am learning. So, if you have any advice, or pointers, please don't hesitate! I'd love to learn more!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruwanthi. Where are you from? Snow is beautiful, and the cold weather has a certain charm, particularly early on in the season. But when it is officially spring, like now, and we are expecting snow for the fourth or fifth time in a short period, everyone seems tired of snow by this point. Still, it has a certain undeniable beauty, and I wanted to take advantage of it! Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

      Delete