Friday, December 18, 2020

Paul McCartney's Latest Album "McCartney III" Just Released

 







Paul McCartney released another album yesterday.

This one is titled "McCartney III," and the musician is offering it to his fans in all sorts of formats, from MP3 downloads to compact disk, vinyl, and even cassette tape. This album was largely completed when the musician, like the rest of us, found himself with some additional time on his hands because of the coronavirus pandemic and the lockdown.

Here is how he described it:

"I was very lucky to be able to come to my studio and make some music, which took the edge off the whole quarantine thing. I would write a song, then I'd come in and record it — or I'd say, 'Wait a minute, what about that song I started last year but never got round to finishing?' So there was no worry attached," he says. "If you're making an album, what you might call a proper album, you're concentrating on making sure it's right. And this project, I wasn't concentrating. I was just [saying], 'Sounded good? Right, on to the next thing.' It's got a very loose feel to it."

The album has a number of love songs, as well as ones remembering his late bandmates, John Lennon and George Harrison. In a recent interview with Mary Louise Kelly on NPR, McCartney recalls some of the memories that he had with the Beatles in the old days. Just click on the link below to read that article in full. I recommend it!



On 'McCartney III,' Paul McCartney Is A One-Man Show Again December 18, 20201:37 PM ET 
Heard on All Things Considered by Mary Louise Kelly with David Blanchard

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/18/947735248/on-mccartney-iii-paul-mccartney-is-a-one-man-show-again





I had the privilege of seeing McCartney a few times over the course of years, beginning in 2002. The most recent time was special, because I got to take my son to see Paul McCartney at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and the word privilege truly is fitting. After all, this guy is a legend, truly and surely. It goes without saying that he was a former member of the Beatles. He not only came up with some of the most beautiful and iconic songs to have graced the world over the past half a century and change, but he worked with some truly legendary artists as well, not least of all his former bandmates in the Beatles. Then, of course, you add to that his work with Wings, as well as his solo projects and collaborations with other incredible artists (such as Michael Jackson), and what you have in obtaining tickets to see this man is really a chance to see some veritable rock, and indeed music, history. 

Below are some pictures from the show that we went to, which are from September 19, 2017. Believe it or not, it was not the first time that I took my son to see Paul McCartney, although it was the first time that I did so while he was old enough to actually remember it. But he was there in 2008, as well, when McCartney gave a free concert on the Plains of Abraham in QuΓ©bec City, Canada, on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of that city's founding. It was a perfect day, even a perfect weekend. But I did not have either a cell phone or a camera or video recorder back at the time, and so have no pictures or video links to share. But the memories from both of those shows were particularly special, as they were shared with my son. Not that it was not special seeing him any other time, but those two shows in particular stand out. But I only got pictures from the most recent show. Here are some of those pictures:













The following were pictures taken by my son during the concert. The first one, which I posted above, was probably the best picture either of us took during this concert. He really has a good eye for picture taking. It seems to be a natural talent that he has, and certainly, the interest is there!






No comments:

Post a Comment