Friday, March 20, 2015

Twenty Years Since Michael Jordan Returned to NBA - The First Time

That's right! I was thinking about this just the other day.

I remember it well, and it hardly feels like two full decades ago!

Part of the reason that I remember it so well was that I was happy. It was springtime (well, almost!), and I was at Tufts University near Boston, for the New England Environmental Conference, back when I was the Vice-President of the Environmental Club at Bergen Community College.

I was young (only 20 years old at the time!), and things felt on the up and up for me. I was in a relationship, really for the first time in my life (although it went nowhere and did not last much longer. I was obsessed with Pearl Jam and other alternative bands, and everything seemed to be laying ahead for me in the future. It was springtime in every sense.

Plus, to be honest, the nineties were just such a great time to be into basketball. Somehow, it felt more exciting, more intense.

Not sure what it is, but it is harder to get into basketball these days, because it feels like something is missing. Maybe team loyalty among star players?

I cannot say for sure. But I did remember this anniversary, although I also forgot to write anything about it here until running into this link to the event on Yahoo Sports, which definitely seemed worth sharing!




http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/20th-anniversary-of-michael-jordan-s-return-to-basketball-1426711290-slideshow/michael-jordan-photo-1426710991856.html

No comments:

Post a Comment