Monday, July 16, 2018

⚽️ My Family Celebrating France's World Cup Championship ⚽️







 


Yes, France did it!

And my family was all together to watch this incredible, if rather nerve wracking, game. Like all fans of French football, we celebrated.

My son wanted to make some videos, and as I thought about it, it seemed like a good idea, on one of the best possible occasions to do so. After all, the entire family was together to watch and appreciate this. It is a rare occurrence that France will win a World Cup (it is rare enough that fans of any country that win it understandably rejoice when their side wins it), obviously, so we really got to enjoy it!

When France won the World Cup for the first time 20 years ago, my brother and I were much more an active part of it, in terms of having actually gone to the semifinal game versus Croatia, and being in France, specifically in Paris, to enjoy it. We watched the final against Brazil, and afterwards, we went out to the unbelievably crowded streets to celebrate with everyone else.

Clearly, it was different this time. We were not in France, for one thing. Yet, we got to enjoy it and celebrate all the same.

Indeed, for the second time in 20 years, France earned the privilege to rightly claim:




🏆🇫🇷  On est les Champions ! 🏆🇫🇷 







France wore their blue (home) jerseys for the Final, along with their traditional white shorts and red socks. Brazil wore their distinctive yellow/gold jerseys with blue shorts. 


Below was the shirt that I was wearing during the final, and on the video above. Above was the jersey that I was holding, and which I got years ago for my son, although he opted to wear a France jersey that my father got him some months ago instead.



1 comment:

  1. My matinée idol face and electrifying voice captured for posterity at last. I'm glad that we were able to watch the game together and enjoy some good grub in the process.

    ReplyDelete