Saturday, July 21, 2018

Neil Young & Younger Clone Sing Old Man Together

Neil Young's 'Old Man' is a wonderful son. Beautiful both in terms of musical feel, as well as meaningful, insightful, reflective lyrics. It is a bit depressing, admittedly, or at least sad, but still just a great song.

Of course, Young has a bunch of wonderful songs in his collection, and many are older songs like this, which have been around for many decades. Hell, even a song that I think of as a "newer" Neil Young song like 'Rockin' in the Free World' has now been around for nearly three decades!

I ran into this video almost accidentally a few days ago. Admittedly, I did not see the logo of 'The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon' on it, because I was not wearing my glasses. It took me a second or two to get who it was on stage at first, as I thought it was just some comedian, but could not put my finger on it. Then, it came to me that it was likely Fallon, although I am not a huge fan of his, or anything.

Still, this was entertaining, and truth be told, a good, solid performance by both artists. So, it seemed like something worth sharing here.

Take a look at this, and enjoy!


Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment