Friday, September 13, 2013

Predictions for 2013 NFL Season Week 2

So, not surprisingly, the Jets lost at New England last night.

I will give them credit, however. They managed to keep the game closer than I expected them to. When I heard that the score at the half was 13-3 in favor of the Patriots, admittedly, I dismissed any chance the Jets might have.

But they scored a touchdown in the third to pull within three, and had some opportunities afterwards to make a go of it.

Ultimately, however, they fell short.

Still, New England just does not look anywhere near as good as they have in the past. One guy that watched the game mentioned that the Patriots just don't seem to have a deep passing game anymore. They don't seem to have those big plays that carried them up and down the field quickly and efficiently.

These are not the same Patriots. Still, it was a win, albeit an ugly one.

Otherwise, I figured that it could be fun to make predictions for the upcoming weekend, and see how I fare.

So, without further ado, here we go:

I like the Falcons to beat the Rams fairly soundly, and the Ravens to pounce on the Browns. The Panthers will outlast the Bills in Buffalo, and the Bears should be able to hold off the Vikings at home. The Colts will win against Miami, although the Dolphins will continue to show improvement. I like the Eagles big over what is likely a demoralized San Diego Chargers squad, and the Cowboys should beat the Chiefs, although Arrowhead is always a tough place to play. The Packers will take care of Washington, while the Titans will fight hard and come close, but ultimately will fall short against the Texans. I like New Orleans at Tampa, and the Raiders will likely crush the Jaguars, who are probably the worst team in the NFL right now. The Broncos and Giants is a tough game, and probably the game of the week, and it is hard to go against my Giants. But I just think this is Denver's year, and big brother always seems to beat little brother in these meetings. I think the Lions will continue to roar in Arizona, and in another big showdown, I like the Seahawks at home to take care of the 49ers. Finally, for Monday Night, I think the Steelers will continue to sing the blues, as this season proves to be their demise (for now).

Okay, fifteen games, so let's see how these predictions fare as the new NFL week is upon us! I would honestly have predicted New England to win, but since this blog entry came too late for that, I cannot obviously take credit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment