Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Prettiest City in Europe?

Ah, Prague. I am not entirely certain whether it is the "prettiest city" in Europe or not, because not only have I never been there yet, but there are plenty of European cities that I have not yet been to, that traditionally have been considered among the leading contenders for that title. Cities like Venice, or Vienna, Rome, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, St. Petersberg, or Athens. I heard some other Scandinavian cities, particularly Stockholm and Copenhagen, are very nice as well, but I have never been to any of those, either. Or some other cities, perhaps less famous.

I have been to some cities that rank high on that list, according to many people. I have spent a lot of time in Paris, and can say with confidence that it has to rank fairly high on he list of prettiest cities of the world. Last year, my girlfriend and I visited southeastern Poland, where we got to visit the enchanted old city of Krakow, filled with Old World charm. Also, one city that is not so well known, but which was amazingly beautiful, was Bruges, in Belgium.

Still, I have heard a lot about Prague, and have seen the pictures, and it does look like a stunningly beautiful city that was spared being spoiled by either the war or by the Soviet Bloc architecture that was, unfortunately, the preferred mode during the years of the Warsaw Pact.

No, I have never been, but would love to go. I do not know if it is the "prettiest city" in all of Europe. In fact, I am not sure that any one city would deserve this exclusive title, because they all offer something unique.

But I do know that my desire to visit Prague has only grown over the years, and it grew even more after seeing this article on the city, whether or not the implication of the author (Jenna Rak) is true or not.

Also, below this, a piece about Dracula's castle being for sale.

Enjoy!






"Proof That Prague Is Europe's Prettiest City" by  Jenna Rak  of The Huffington Post, May 12, 2014:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/12/proof-that-prague-is-europes-prettiest-city_n_5282587.html?utm_hp_ref=travel&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063







Dracula's Castle For Sale For The Right (But Undisclosed) Price" by Ed Mazza of The huffington Post, May 12, 2014:                                                                                         

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/12/draculas-castle-for-sale_n_5308000.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

No comments:

Post a Comment