Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer





So, I am not entirely sure how I missed this one.

Was it perhaps because of preoccupation with the daily idiocies coming out of the White House, with an unbelievable narcissist now at the helm, and proving to one and all, as if proof were needed, that he was never, ever qualified to be the Commander-in-Chief? Was it something else that distracted me?

Well, whatever it was, apparently this trailer release came out without my quite noticing. Come to think of it, I think there is a memory of hearing about it, and thinking that I should watch it and review it here, and then, somehow, it just never happened. I never did actually go online and search for the trailer, and then, presumably, just forgot about it.

Yet, this trailer eventually did come to my attention, and so it feels necessary to write something about it. The release of the next Star Wars movie is getting much closer, now.

There are certain things that I noticed immediately. In particular, it was hard not to notice the continuity in terms of running themes with past movies. Since this is the second installment of this particular trilogy, the fact that an old Jedi is training a younger one without much experience is hard to miss. Also, Finn is recovering medically, inside of some kind of a tube, which recalls Luke Skywalker's recovery from an injury in Hoth right at the beginning of the movie.

Just a couple of things that seemed immediately apparent right away. But don't take my word for it, take a look for yourself by watching the video clip below.

Looking forward to finally seeing it!






Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer Breakdown Created by Randolph Ramsay on April 14, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment