Thursday, May 31, 2018

Youssou N'Dour & Dido Sing an Amazing Version of 7 Seconds

Just lately, I have been listening to music quite a lot on Youtube, and decided to share some of the stuff that I specifically have been listening to. 

Here is one gem that I have been listening to over and over again. Back in 1994, I remember loving Youssou N'Dour's "7 Seconds," which was big for a while, but never seemed to quite get it's due. Some might remember it, but my guess is that most do not. 

But it is a great song, and this version, when Dido introduces N'Dour to the London crowd for the Live 8 concert, is a remarkable version. Some people were commenting that this song is sung too high for Dido, but that seems like nonsense to me. She sounds great, and adds a different feel to this particular song. Frankly, I think that her voice sounds great for it, although you can make up your own mind on that.

Take a listen:


No comments:

Post a Comment