Saturday, December 7, 2013

Apologies

I expected to write much more than I have so far today, and to make this a very active day on "The Charbor Chronicles".

But I went to a concert last night (which I had hoped to review today, but which will not have to wait until tomorrow, because the pictures are not quite ready just yet, and I need to finish up the mostly completed review still.

Last night, I got home at around 1:30 or so in the morning. Yes, I know that that is not actually all that late, especially given that it is a Friday night. But I hardly got any sleep yesterday, and it wound up being a very busy, active day. Also, perhaps not a small part of it is that I'm not nearly as young as I used to be, and it takes a lot more time these days to recover from nights out, even though there was no drinking or anything involved last night. There used to a be a time when I could go out until very late (much, much later than 1:30am), and get just a few hours of sleep, and still feel pretty good throughout the day. But that is not the case any longer.

Simply put, I was dead tired. Usually, I get up with my girlfriend when she gets up to get ready to work shortly after 6am. Not this morning, though. I hardly even stirred, and can barely remember it.

As it turned out, I slept in until 10:45 or so in the morning, which is a rarity. Can't remember the last time that it happened, actually. Not only that, but I felt just a bit under the weather, and still do. Just this kind of body fatigue that is more common when I am sick, although I do not feel sick right now, just very unenergetic. Worn out, perhaps.

In any case, I had expected today to be a relative explosion of activity, and in fact, it has been anything but. I will try to make up for that later on, perhaps tomorrow or so, when the chance presents itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment