Sunday, October 11, 2015

While Serena's Play is Inspiring, Her Behavior Leaves Something To Be Desired

I know that everybody in America seems to love her (and her sister), but I have to admit that she never seemed particularly likable to me.

This article illustrates some of why I, personally, never got behind Serena, even as she seemed on the verge of making history this year. Never was particularly impressed with her sister, either, or some other prominent and hugely popular American tennis stars who, at least in my view, showed off bratty and entitled behavior unbecoming of a professional, international athlete. Never got into Pete Sampras, Jimmy Conners, and to a lesser extent, Andy Roddick for much the same reason, even though, for different reasons and to varying degrees, they each were considered the prime example of the model male tennis athlete, much like Serena today is held up as the model female tennis star.

Not sure why it took a month or so for me to get around publishing it. Guess I forgot. However, better late than never:

Serena Williams is the sorest loser by Chris Chase, September, 2015:

No comments:

Post a Comment