Monday, September 25, 2017

Autumn Visit to Sandy Hook Beach




Yes,  my son and I went to Sandy Hook beach yesterday.  It was very nice.

Despite it already being officially autumn,  it felt like an Indian summer day. It was hot and humid and perfect beach weather. There were tons of people swimming when I arrived,  and it did not take long for my son and I to go in the water,  as well.

We have made a tradition of taking at least one trip to the Jersey shore each year, and even though this trip came unusually late, I was very glad to have made it at least one time.

Before arriving,  we stopped at a Stewart's Shop, where I treated my son to a banana split,  the first time that he ever had one.

Very nice day overall,  even if the traffic getting back was awful.  Sandy Hook is the nearest Jersey shore destination,  and I have always enjoyed it. It is not as built up and over-commercialized as some other beach towns.














No comments:

Post a Comment