Monday, July 19, 2021

Danton (1983) English subtitles. Press CC / Box in screen to activate En...




In the near future hopefully as early as tomorrow), I will be reviewing this fantastic movie, which is based on actual events in history.

The first time that I saw this movie was back in the eighties, at some point. I believe that my parents must have rented it, and we watched it all together as a family.

Years later, I would see it for a second time in college, when I took a course on the French Revolution during my Rutgers days.

Since then, I have watched this movie once or twice, and am about to watch it again, hopefully tonight, so that the fuller review will be published tomorrow, or at worst, later this week.

Meanwhile, it seemed like a good idea to share the link to the movie here, at least, should anybody else out there reading perhaps want to take in a good movie. Again, it is based on actual events in history, but it is quite entertaining. There are moments when it feels almost like a comedy, yet throughout, there is a feel almost of a horror throughout, as well. Kind of makes sense, given the chapter of history during which this is supposed to take place, at the height of the "Reign of Terror" during the French Revolution.

In any case, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment