Friday, June 4, 2021

Some Previously Unpublished Pictures (I Believe)



Some years ago, a friend of mine took these black and white photos. One of his hobbies was photography, and he seems to be quite good at it, judging by these pictures, and some others that I saw. That friend's name is Keith, and he is all the way on the far right in the second picture just below. Other than that, there is my friend Rob (pictures above, and with the cap in the two pictures below), Scott (in the Russell t-shirt), Mike Rock (in the black), Robin (my then girlfriend and eventual wife, now ex-wife), and me, with the mustache. 

These were some great pictures. There were actually five of them, and when I find my copies again, which I hope to do in the relatively near future, I can add the two others. But for now, this was a nice, short trip down memory lane. If memory serves me correctly, these pictures were taken at some point either in the summer or early fall of 1996, which was a great time in my life, for many reasons.

Below that, I found some relatively rare pictures of my son, with a couple also in black and white, and others just standard color pics. Some of them are just after a snowstorm, although admittedly, it is a strange time to publish such pictures as we are about to enter the first major heat wave of the year, and are now well into June. 

Still, it seemed like a good idea to publish some of these pictures, and so here they are. 

Enjoy!




































2 comments:

  1. The extent to which none of us have changed a bit simply boggles the mind. Although in that last picture, I appear heavier than I am now. I also look like I've been hitting the sauce, which I almost certainly was not. But then I've never been very photogenic. It's cool that the date appears at the bottom right of that picture. Sébastien was about one and a half – still at the point where people would talk about his age in terms of months rather than years. The three of you look good.

    As for the pictures at the top, it's weird seeing you, Rob, Scott and Keith looking so young, since in some ways the nineties don't feel as though they were all that long ago to me. As for Mike Rock, I'm not sure that I ever met him, though as I believe I told you I briefly met his brother Sam, who was one of the guides at my Montclair State orientation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is weird seeing pictures from all of those years ago. Agreed, it does not feel like all that long ago, although those black and white photos at the top were from 1996, which is literally a quarter of a century ago. Hard to believe, but true. As for the bottom picture, even that one was from 14 years ago, which is rather stunning to think about.

      Delete