Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Federer Aims to Add Another Wimbledon Title to Resume

Roger Federer – Wimbledon 2009

Photo courtesy of Justin Smith’s Flickr Page- Roger Federer Wibledon 2009: https://www.flickr.com/photos/reefoto-com/3659550591



Wimbledon is here again. It is time for Breakfast at Wimbledon, and to see if there are any major upsets on these first few days of the major tournament - probably the most famous, and surely the most prestigious, of all tennis tournaments.

I always enjoyed this particular time of year in tennis, because the French Open and Wimbledon were always my favorite of the Grand Slam events. They are, at least to me, the most aesthetically pleasing of the Grand Slam events, a bit easier on the eyes then the hardcourts tend to be.

There are the familiar names, and a lot of people are expecting one of these to emerge victorious.

One of the biggest names in sports history, however, is often not mentioned as a serious contender, although I still think that such dismissal is very premature. I am talking, of course, about Roger Federer, who I feel is the best men's tennis player in the history of the sport.

I recently wrote an article on him, and have added the link here (see below). Hope you will take a look!


Federer Aims to Add Another Wimbledon Title to Resume

No comments:

Post a Comment